Let's do it in Albanian.
Can you say "hello and welcome to Tama Gotcha" in Albanian?
Wait, I have to think.
She has to think.
Maybe she doesn't speak Albanian.
Of course I speak Albanian!
Wait a second.
In my opinion Arjeta has an Albanian shell,
but otherwise to me you're Swiss through and through.
You're a tough woman, you've built up a career.
For me it's totally normal that I graduated from an academic school
and began studying law.
I finished with a degree in journalism.
Then I worked and worked.
Maybe it's just a cliché, but it seems to me
that many 20-year-old Albanians
are getting engaged or even married already.
It's true, people tend to choose a partner quite early and settle down.
On the dating programmes on Tamil television
they always say, "I want a homely wife".
What is a good wife?
A good wife can make pita.
It's important that the wife looks after the children.
I am not opposed to the traditional family model.
I wouldn't mind not having to work anymore.
Girls! Living with your in-laws, yes or no?
There are lots of funny answers, such as:
Your mother raised you, and you leave her for a person you just met.
You are not a man.
And there's something even worse written here.
It wouldn't be decent to translate it.
This is also a topic of discussion among Tamils.
For us, it's normal for the wife to move in with the husband
and live with his family.
I would live with my in-laws.
You would totally do that?
Of course.
Then they could look after the children.
The two of us come across as so modern…
No really! I know of many cases where it's not an issue at all.
On the contrary, the women are happy about being able to work.
Would you do that: live with your in-laws, yes or no?
It seems to me that Albanians
are even more proud of their heritage than other foreigners.
This is how I understand it:
We all had to leave our homeland,
some for economic reasons, others as refugees.
There is such a connection with the place where you are from
where you have lived for generations.
That's one of the most famous songs about the homeland.
About longing for the homeland.
That's exactly what I mean. All Albanians do that:
the double-headed eagle.
We are extremely proud of people who are pursuing international careers.
If you look at what is trending on YouTube right now:
It's always Albanian singers, such as Bebe – how do you pronounce it?
Actually her name is Bleta Rexha.
In English it's Bebe Rexha.
If you are successful, you are totally hyped.
But if you mess up, it's over.
You get bashed and insulted?
You are a social outcast.
Take the example of homosexuality:
it's still a taboo topic.
If somebody comes out…
Difficult.
It's not well received.
There's lots of comments, but I can't translate them.
Some of it is really offensive.
People think it's a scandal.
Yes, apparently it's not okay to celebrate gay pride in Albania.
Hope you like this vlog. In Albanian we say: …
And we'll see you again next week. Bye.
So lovely, it gives me goose pimples.


Không có nhận xét nào:
Đăng nhận xét