What do I do for work? What is my job? And how do I make money? Well basically the
last job that I had lasted three days and here's a quick recap as to what that looked like.
So once my friend and I got to SF, like we had arranged to work at a
music festival called Outside Lands. And essentially what we did is like- we got
assigned a stage and we got to dress up in crazy costumes, and dance on stage a
little bit to hype the crowd, and we would pass items out to the audience, or
pick volunteers to come on stage, just anything in that spectrum that they
needed from us is what we would do. And we did that all three days.
*awesome music*
Sailor: "when are you ladies goin out?" All: "I don't know lol"
*random backstage noise*
*awesome music*
So on day two and three we dressed up as tacos,
"TACOOOOSSS!"
saw DJ QBERT,
some breakdancers,
and witnessed Action Bronson throwing meat into a crowd.
So working at that music festival was definitely a first for me. I had never
even been to a music festival before actually, but that's just kind of a good
example of the types of jobs that enable me to facilitate this life of constant
travel. And so originally when I moved into vehicles and- and was testing out
life on the road, I had done it by saving for a couple of months and using my
savings as I was out on the road. So I wasn't working for a couple of months.
And it worked and I know there's a lot of people that like traveling that way,
that it works for them, but it's just really not enough for me. You know, I like
to plan ahead, I like to budget, money is something I take very very seriously. So
I always strive to have money coming in as money is going out otherwise I just
get super anxious and stressed out and I can't really handle it. So that kind of
leads into the question of "Okay, so how do I actually make my money?" and when you
get down to it, like I have a Patreon, I have a YouTube channel, I monetize these
videos, and I'm very thankful that my channel has done as well as it has thus
far. However, the income that's generated from both of those- it's very very fickle.
It literally changes from day to day and so I just don't see it as a reliable
source of income. So what I would consider to be my main source of income,
my main job, is I work online through a website called upwork.com. And the
background that I have is data entry, receptionist, personal assistant... things
of that nature. And I've been on that website for a little over a year now so
I've developed some relationships with different employers to where I can get
consistent work. At the beginning it was a bit difficult to get that first job,
but after that it kind of- it came really easy. So that's something
that I really enjoy doing. Is just that freelance type of work and it's
very simple, it's very easy, it's- you can get it done real quickly. And along with
the freelancing upwork stuff like I am no stranger to seasonal jobs or to
taking a gig for a couple of days or a day. And sometimes that does mean that I
have to stay in one place for a little bit longer. Like maybe I'll have to stay
there for two or three months so that I can work physically at a location, but
you know, I'm not really in any rush to go any one specific place. You know I'm kind
of just- if that's what I need to do or if there's an opportunity that
presents itself that's really exciting and it's different and it'll be
like seemingly like a fun really cool job ... then I'm not gonna say no. And just
to touch more on the resume real quickly... I do a lot of people ask if having a
bunch of different jobs kind of affects your resume at all and how employers see
that. And to put it simply, like I don't put all the jobs that I've ever had on
my resume because there's some where yeah I've had them for like a week or a month
and that might not look so good if you're looking for like a
normal long-term job, but as far as seasonal jobs or little gigs here and
there... I mean if you just tell them like "yeah it was a week-long job, I was there
for the whole week." They're I mean- they're gonna understand that. So I think there's
a little bit of a different perspective that comes with the short-term jobs
versus long-term jobs, but when it comes to if I'm trying to get a restaurant job
even and be somewhere for a couple of months then my resume looks very very
different as opposed to the the intermittent jobs. So really at
the end of the day I feel like the easiest way for me to answer the
question is like "how do I make money?" I work. "what do I do for work?" I make money.
And as far as ideas for you making money on the road I have done a video about
that which I will link in case you're interested and I'll see you guys next time!
*awesome music*

Không có nhận xét nào:
Đăng nhận xét