Thứ Sáu, 2 tháng 11, 2018

Auto news on Youtube Nov 2 2018

Let's start by creating a New Document

CTRL+R to show rulers

Grab 4 guides to the 4 edges

Increase Canvas by 0.25 inch in both Width and Height

The area outside the guides is the Blead Area "This area will be cropped in the flyer printing process"

Hold ALT+SHIFT to resize with a fixed ratio around center

Add Levels to darken the background

Add a new layer below Levels layer

Grab a Brush tool with low Opacity and Flow

Paint to add some darkness to the other edges

CTRL+ALT+Z to Undo

CTRL+H to hide guides

Change to Multiply mode and reduce Opacity

Select first layer then hold SHIFT and select last layer to select all layers between them

Open the Ribbons image

NOTE: If you have Illustrator you can open the ribbons .ai file and copy the ribbon you want from Illustrator and paste it in Photoshop.

Use Magic Eraser Tool to remove Background

Keep Tolerance high a bit

Select the ribbon with any selection tool then Press CTRL+J to take it to a new layer

Drag, Hold, Drop

Take this part with CTRL+J

CTRL+T to free transform

Use Eraser Tool to remove the unneeded parts

Decrease Size and increase Hardness

Merge Layers

Select then Ctrl+J

Add the restaurant name

Font: Archive, Size: 35 pt

Double-click to open Layer Style

Add Stroke

Right-Click this little arrow and choose Create Layer to separate the stroke to a new layer

Now we have a text layer and a stroke layer below it

Hold CTRL and click to make a selection from the text layer

Select the stroke layer and grab the Eraser Tool

CTRL+D to remove selection

Select the Move Tool then with the arrow keys start moving the stroke like this

That's it

Font: Atlantic Bentley, size: 21pt

Add another text layer "Presents"

Font: Nexa Bold, Size: 7Pt

Add another text "Free Delivery" or whatever you want

CTRL+A to select the text then set the leading to auto

Type the plate name. In my case it's called "Spanish Paella"

Warp Text: Flag

Increase the ribbon size

Add Color Overlay: white to the whole group

Since the plate is circular, I'll use the Elliptical Marquee Tool to select it

From Center of the plate create a circle

Hold ALT+SHIFT to make the circle goes from its center with a fixed ratio

From Select> Transform Selection

Adjust the selection to the plate edge

Hit ENTER

Drag, Hold, Drop

With the same technique select the other 2 plates

Adjust each plate brightness using a Levels adjustment layer

Grab 12 icons and drop them in Photoshop

Press ENTER multiple times

Select first layer then hold SHIFT and select last layer to select all layers between them

Group them

Add a white color overlay to the group

Check Auto-Select then distribute icons around the main plate

Let's speed things up a bit

Drag "Icons" group under "Plates" group

CTRL+X then CTRL+V to take what you've selected to a new layer

CTRL+X and CTRL+V to take what's selected to a new layer

CTRL+X and CTRL+V to take what's selected to a new layer

Grab 2 guides to adjust fork and knife sizes

Select the arrow layer

Press CTRL+J then CTRL+T to duplicate a new arrow layer to the other plate then Flip Horizontally

Again CTRL+J, CRTL+T, Flip Horizontally

Select first layer then hold SHIFT and select last layer to select all layers between them

Make a selection using the same previous technique as seen

or use the Pen Tool if you want

Select the "Background" layer then press CTRL+J to take what is selected to a new layer

I'll use the Pen Tool here for making a selection

CTRL+J to take what is selected to a new layer

I'll use the Quick Selection tool for this tomato slice

CTRL+J to take what is selected to a new layer

Duplicate and put both at the left edge

Let's add a simple footer text to the bottom

This footer consists of a 3 text layers with a 3 black rectangles

Very Easy!, Do it on your own.

I've used Bebas Neue Font here

Let's add some Adjustment Layers

You can change all text and shapes blending mode to Dissolve and decrease Opacity a little bit to give you a chalky effect as seen

Great!

For more infomation >> Restaurant Flyer Design - Photoshop Tutorial - Duration: 19:43.

-------------------------------------------

Check, Please! Bay Area reviews: The Little Chihuahua, Dragon Rouge Restaurant, Aslam's Rasoi - Duration: 26:45.

Announcer: A KQED television production.

♫♫

♫♫

Sbrocco: I'm telling you right now, I am hun-gry.

Sbrocco: Hi. I'm Leslie Sbrocco.

Welcome to "Check, Please! Bay Area,"

the show where regular Bay Area residents review

and talk about their favorite restaurants.

Now, we have three guests, and each one recommends

one of their favorite spots, and the other two

go check 'em out, to see what they think.

In this episode, we take another look

at three neighborhood spots.

These are little gems feeding their locals

with tasty bites from Mexico, Vietnam, and India.

We start with a taste of Mexico from Season 9.

Karen Halstead's treasured dining spot features

unusual menu combinations using quality local ingredients.

This eatery is small, but comfy and an easy walk for the locals

of this residential part of Noe Valley.

Creative cocktails and ice cream flavors round out the menu.

On 24th Street in San Francisco,

it's called The Little Chihuahua Mexican Restaurant.

Johnstone: I'm originally from New Zealand.

I met my wife in Chile, and then we came to San Francisco.

Our idea was to have a restaurant that was comfortable

with a neighborhood feel, lively, fun, but casual.

My name is Andrew Johnstone,

and I'm the owner of The Little Chihuahua Restaurant.

When I was searching for items for the restaurant,

I found a vintage sign that said,

"The Little Chihuahua Mexican Restaurant."

When I started to share that name with people around me,

I got a reaction -- positive and negative --

and I liked that.

So we opened up our first restaurant

in the Lower Haight district, and then we're here

in Noe Valley, and we opened our third location in the Mission

a year and a half ago.

When we put the concept together,

we knew where the food was coming from.

If I don't eat those products,

then I wouldn't want to serve it to my customers.

Fresh, healthy, sustainable, cooked fresh to order.

Food is not sitting around.

The proteins are not sitting in the steam table all day long.

We cook those items to order for every dish we serve.

The recipes are all my own.

It's not traditional. It's more Mexican-inspired.

On top of serving great food,

we wanted to have margaritas, sangria.

We have great Mexican beer on draft.

We have a lot of fun with what we do.

We take a lot of pride in seeing people come back,

and that makes our day.

Sbrocco: All right, Karen,

how did you discover The Little Chihuahua?

They have three locations. Halstead: Right.

Sbrocco: And this one's the one on 24th in Noe Valley.

Halstead: Right. I happen to live three blocks away,

so I guess I'm lucky that way.

And it opened up, and we were just so happy

to have it in the neighborhood.

Sbrocco: And why is that?

It's not a traditional taqueria.

Halstead: No, it's a few steps up, if not more,

than your traditional taqueria.

And what I love about it is it's casual and fun,

but it's a little bit stylish.

It's delicious, and I can bring my family there

and not be judged.

[ Laughter ]

Sbrocco: It is very family-friendly, for sure.

Halstead: Very family-friendly.

We usually go for an early dinner around 5:00,

and it's usually just packed with people

we know from the neighborhood.

Sbrocco: And what does your family order?

Halstead: Well, we try to stop eating all the chips.

The chips are just so -- yeah.

And that salsa bar is just too much fun,

and I like trying all those.

My kids usually get a quesadilla --

no surprise there, but I like to have the chicken tortilla soup.

My absolutely favorite is the salmon taco.

It's a big, huge piece of salmon.

It's really crispy and crunchy,

with a little bit of guacamole sauce and a crema on top.

And everything comes with that cabbage slaw that's so yummy,

and no mayonnaise, which I love. It's so good.

Sbrocco: I can see your mouth watering.

Halstead: Yes, I know.

There's a lot of mouth watering at this table.

Sbrocco: Jody, when you went, what did you have?

Brettkelly: I had the Pozole Rojo,

which was unbelievable.

And I'm with you on the no-mayonnaise

and not too much cheese.

It was incredible, almost like a soup.

And then it had the crunchy on top

with the cabbage and the radishes.

Gosh, just that combination was incredible.

Sbrocco: I'm detecting a theme with you.

Brettkelly: Yeah, I know. Creamy, and then a crunchy.

Sbrocco: I love that. I love that.

Well, you know the owner, Andrew, is a Kiwi.

Brettkelly: Oh! Well, there you go.

Sbrocco: He's from New Zealand, and was an executive chef.

Brettkelly: Well, I think once you get the crunchy

and something green on top,

you feel so much better about everything else.

Sbrocco: And you're a little bit quiet over here, Shahnam.

Davani: Well, it's just that one of favorite things

about Little Chihuahua was the salsa bar.

I really thought that -- most salsa bars

in taquerias can become dirty.

You know, this one was spectacular.

I mean, it was constantly cleaned by the staff,

which is a very big plus.

And then, the quality of the salsas

and the different ones, that was very good.

And I know it's very geared towards your neighborhood.

Halstead: I agree with that. Davani: But I guess that's

what's the charm about it, also. Halstead: Yeah.

Davani: It all depends what you're looking for.

If you're looking for, again, authentic taqueria,

this isn't your place.

We had the enchilada.

And one was cheese enchilada,

and then the other one was a chicken enchilada.

The quality of the ingredients is high, you can tell.

But it was served lukewarm,

and that was the only thing I was --

I guess it's a testament to them not,

maybe, using microwaves. Halstead: Mm-hmm.

Davani: Because most of the taquerias probably use it,

but it wasn't melted enough.

You know, it wasn't hot.

Other than that, the place looks really pretty

for a taqueria, you know.

It's trendy.

It's that kind of place.

Sbrocco: Did you have drinks, because they have --

they have a margarita from agave.

So, people know tequila's from agave,

but they have, basically, agave wine

which is sort of just another name for low-octane tequila.

[ Laughter ]

I think you do, in an agave margarita.

Halstead: I hadn't tried the agave margarita until this trip,

and it was just fantastic.

It's double the size of a normal margarita, I think.

[ Laughter ]

And you could never tell that it's not tequila.

It's just delicious.

And they also have sangria, for people that like that, too.

But this agave margarita, oh, my gosh.

Sbrocco: Let's talk a little bit about that plantain burrito,

because that's one of those

unique combinations that they're know for.

Brettkelly: I know. It's incredible 'cause the --

you've probably had it so many times.

But the plantain, I always think of it as a combination

between pineapple and potato, you know.

It sort of has this tropical feel to it.

And it just added to the burrito.

It just added this caramelized quality with the beans.

They told me that the beans were cooked in pork, you know, stock.

Sbrocco: So you have that sweet/savory, almost, there.

Brettkelly: Oh, that was incredible.

And then I actually had three things.

And I took that home, and I kept slicing into it.

Oh, just one more taste. One more slice.

Sbrocco: You have a lot of control.

I ate the whole thing. Brettkelly: Exactly.

I can see how people get totally addicted to it.

Sbrocco: And in terms of affordability,

where do you place this?

Davani: I found it affordable, of course, you know.

Especially in a nice neighborhood like Noe Valley.

Halstead: Mm-hmm. Davani: I mean, our tab --

Sbrocco: This is not your $3 taco.

Davani: No, but it's not like a $12 taco either, you know?

I thought it was very reasonable.

Sbrocco: Okay. Tequila ice cream.

Brettkelly: Oh, I didn't have that.

I have to go back.

Halstead: I had both flavors of the ice cream.

There's a Mexican chocolate.

It's all from Humphry Slocombe,

and it was Mexican chocolate with cinnamon.

And then there was a tequila, almost lime-y flavor ice cream,

and it was so refreshing.

Sbrocco: And they make it just for The Little Chihuahua.

Halstead: Yeah. It was so refreshing and delicious.

I would almost go back just for the ice cream,

and the margarita.

Sbrocco: All right, Karen. This is your spot.

Give us a quick wrap-up.

Halstead: If you want a casual, fresh, delicious Mexican dinner,

definitely go to Little Chihuahua

and don't forget the ice cream.

Sbrocco: All right. Shahnam?

Davani: It's a nice neighborhood taqueria,

if you live in the neighborhood.

Sbrocco: Okay, and Jody.

Brettkelly: And eclectic taste on Mexican food,

and I'm totally addicted to the plantain burritos.

Sbrocco: If you would like to try

The Little Chihuahua Mexican Restaurant,

it's on 24th Street at Castro in Noe Valley in San Francisco.

The telephone number is 415-648-4157.

It's open for lunch and dinner every day

with brunch on the weekends.

Reservations are not accepted,

and the average tab for dinner without drinks is around $15.

And don't forget to visit their other locations in the city.

We cross the Bay Bridge to Alameda

to reach the second neighborhood for our next eatery,

also from Season 9.

It was Artist and Independent Music Producer,

Jacob Battersby's haven with a patio, water views,

and lots of cocktails.

The family is still working together,

and Mom's still cooking in the kitchen

preparing her own recipes for locals and visitors alike.

On Blanding Avenue, look for Dragon Rouge Restaurant.

Luu: I'm Jimmy Luu. Nguyen: And I'm Dan Nguyen.

Luu and Nguyen: And we're from Dragon Rouge in Alameda.

Luu: Well, the family started it with my brother, Scott, myself,

and our cousin Dan.

Nguyen: It was actually my 30th birthday.

I remember it.

And I had this great idea,

and I was like, "Let's open a restaurant."

And they were like, "Okay, let's do it."

And then, you know, a year later, we were open.

Really, it happened really fast.

And you know, five years later,

we're still here and we're happy.

To decide on the recipes, we sat around in a circle

and basically asked ourselves what we craved

when we were away from our parents.

Luu: It's only natural for our mom to be in the kitchen,

and she's here every day.

All of our customers get to see her.

They still call her Mom, just like we do.

Nguyen: Mom works really, really hard.

She's probably the hardest worker here.

She spends hours and hours every day to make sure

that the food comes out right, and that's her main purpose.

All she wants is the food to come out the way she makes it.

Luu: We put a lot of pride into our bar,

using the same ingredients that the kitchen uses.

Nguyen: We really like to support our community.

One way we do that is by donating a lot of food

and gift certificates to nonprofit organizations,

and also featuring local artists,

like our very own Vera, who has art here today.

Sbrocco: All right, Jacob.

You grew up in Alameda, didn't you?

Battersby: I did. I'm an island boy, yes.

Sbrocco: You look like it, very laid back.

Battersby: I do? Oh, thank you. Thank you very much.

Sbrocco: What is it about Dragon Rouge that draws you in?

Battersby: Well, growing up in Alameda,

I have always been aware of,

you know, new things that come to town.

It's definitely progressing and getting a lot better,

more, you know, restaurants.

And Dragon Rouge, I love Vietnamese food.

This place, it just felt

a little more alive than your average

kind of hole-in-the-wall with great food.

And I just love the kind of contemporary takes

that they have on traditional Vietnamese dishes.

Sbrocco: And what's your go-to dish?

Battersby: Oh, my gosh. Well, first of all,

I have to start off with the aloe saketini.

You know, sake, we think, "Okay, Japanese."

They do that. They have a full bar, but they also have this.

And it tastes like heaven water.

Sbrocco: [ Laughs ] I love that.

Battersby: It's so tasty. So, we had a couple of those.

And then I always get the bouncing beef.

They're cubes of wok-fired filet mignon.

And then it's served over a bed of watercress,

and you dip it in this lime pepper sauce,

which is amazing, so I got that.

And I'll also always get the catfish clay pot,

which is, again, another thing.

If you've ever had a clay pot before,

it's served in a bubbling pot with nuoc mam sauce,

it's a fish sauce, with wonderful vegetables,

broccoli, zucchini, onions.

Sbrocco: You're shaking your head over there.

Battersby: And the catfish, it's just like, "Oh!"

It just melts in your mouth.

Sbrocco: What did you have when you went, Lori?

Hébert: Well, I think I missed a lot of what you just mentioned,

but they sound worth going back for.

They had a very diverse menu, lots of things.

I liked that their menu actually had some of the favorites

or popular items in bold

so that helped guide us in choosing.

But they had an amazing --

they had a variety of rolls to choose from.

But luckily, they had a sampler platter, you know,

that came out with three different sauces.

So we were able to try a little bit of both the fresh rolls

and more of the crispy rolls.

And everything was really, really great.

They had a crispy potato roll that was really divine.

Sbrocco: And these are the family recipes.

I mean, these, you know, they came from Vietnam,

the family, the Luu family.

And so, these are family recipes.

Now, Bob, again, did you like it?

Did you enjoy it?

Bjorkquist: I have never been to a Vietnamese restaurant.

Sbrocco: All right, and? Bjorkquist: What fun.

Sbrocco: Oh, good. Battersby: Oh, cool.

Nice. Awesome.

Sbrocco: What was your favorite?

Bjorkquist: We also did the sampler plate on the rolls,

which was fantastic, very, very nice.

And then we went for the combo barbecued platter,

which included pork, chicken, and beef and shrimp.

There was more food than we could eat.

Sbrocco: Yeah.

Bjorkquist: Unfortunately, Vera suggested, next time in,

do the bouncing beef... -Battersby: Yes.

Bjorkquist: ...which sounded good.

Battersby: It's really, really good.

Bjorkquist: And at the table next to us was a sea bass

that I wanted to over and just take a little slice.

Sbrocco: You should have. Come on.

Bjorkquist: Well, next time.

Sbrocco: Next time. And what about cocktails?

Because you did mention they have quite

an extensive cocktail list. Battersby: Yeah, they do.

They have a full bar, great wines,

also local Alameda wines.

Hébert: They also had some Vietnamese and Thai beers.

So it was hard to choose.

There were some cocktails that called out to me,

but I ended up going for the Vietnamese beer

the waitress recommended. Battersby: Oh, nice.

Oh, nice. Which one? Do you remember what it was?

Hébert: It was the export 33.

And it was very good.

Bjorkquist: One of the nice things is that --

which I didn't realize --

they have a happy hour from 5:00 to 6:00,

which is a two-for-one happy hour.

Sbrocco: I like your thinking.

Bjorkquist: We got there at five to 6:00.

And Vera, our waitress, said, "You just caught it.

And so, order now."

So I'm thinking, you're gonna get two glasses in front of you

shoved in at five minutes.

It wasn't that way.

They presented it and waited for us to have our entrée

before bringing the second cocktail.

Sbrocco: Isn't that lovely? Bjorkquist: That's cool.

Sbrocco: So great service?

Bjorkquist: Absolutely fantastic.

Sbrocco: What about value or kid friendly?

Is this spot...?

Battersby: Yeah, I definitely think, you know,

you can get your higher-end dishes,

you know, if you want to do that.

And then also, it's a great place for lunch.

They have these $3 banh mi sandwiches --

like grilled chicken. I don't know if you've ever had

a traditional Vietnamese banh mi.

Those are great.

There's something for everyone there, I think, all walks.

Sbrocco: And then you can go for a stroll on the beach, huh?

Battersby: Yes, in Alameda.

I'm always gonna be, you know, pitching my town.

I love it there.

It's flat, beautiful Victorians, the beaches there.

We took a nice walk after to the beach,

watched the sun set over San Francisco.

And it's just a fun city.

I love it there. I'm biased.

Sbrocco: You're biased. You're biased.

All right, Dragon Rouge is your spot,

so tell everyone why they have to go.

Battersby: Well, I think that Dragon Rouge is just --

it's a hip, colorful, fun atmosphere

with exciting takes on contemporary --

or on traditional Vietnamese family recipes.

Sbrocco: All right. And Bob?

Bjorkquist: If I were in Alameda, I'd go.

-Sbrocco: All right. -Bjorkquist: Yeah.

Hébert: Definitely tasty Vietnamese food,

very friendly, warm, inviting environment.

We went with friends who live in Alameda

who are already planning on going back,

so we've definitely planned to check it out

with them again some time. Battersby: Great.

Sbrocco: If you would like to try Dragon Rouge Restaurant,

it's on Blanding at 29th Avenue in Alameda.

The telephone number is 510-521-1800.

It's open for lunch and dinner every day,

with brunch on the weekends.

Reservations are accepted,

and the average tab per person without drinks is around $20.

Our last, long established, neighborhood is the Mission.

it's where Longshoreman Jack Salamy from Season 8

finds his spot.

Jack drives a crane --

one of those huge ones at the Port of Oakland --

and it's hungry-making work

that only his neighborhood North Indian and Pakistani spot,

serving up the rich and spicy flavors, can satisfy.

It's on Valencia Street in San Francisco

at a place called Aslam's Rasoi.

Asif: My name is Asif Aslam,

and the restaurant's name Aslam's Rasoi.

Aslam is our family name,

and Rasoi means "kitchen" in Hindi.

We thought it would be nice calling it Aslam's Rasoi --

Aslam's Kitchen.

My dad's been cooking for 26 years in San Francisco.

Working with my dad, it's amazing.

I just get to learn all kinds of new things every day.

We just work as a team, and it's a really strong bond.

Mohammad: Oh, I love my son.

He's the best in the front, and he is doing everything.

This is a North Indian restaurant,

and is all my family recipes.

All the meat we have, we have meat halal,

is number one quality.

We have an open kitchen, clean kitchen,

and we are very proud from health department

for 100 out of 100.

[ Laughs ]

Asif: I kiss his hands almost every day

because the food's so good.

What he brings out of the kitchen is just amazing.

I'm so glad that he shared it with me.

At the end of the day when I leave,

I feel so satisfied seeing smiles on my guests' face.

Seeing everyone happy -- to the little kids

and just give them a little taste of

I guess India here at Aslam's Rasoi.

Sbrocco: All right, Jack, how did you find this restaurant?

Salamy: About 10 years ago, me and my wife,

we went to an Indian restaurant that my cousin had owned.

And we -- I fell in love with the Indian food.

I'd never had Indian food in my life.

I couldn't get enough of it. Sbrocco: Right.

Salamy: And then, something happened

where he left to open up his own restaurant.

Sbrocco: And you're talking about Mohammad Aslam.

Salamy: Mohammad Aslam.

Sbrocco: Right, who has a rich history in Indian food

as a chef in San Francisco. Salamy: Yes, yes.

Sbrocco: And so that's how you kind of

came to the restaurant --

you were following Mohammad all over.

Salamy: I was following him around.

Sbrocco: Here's a stalker. Salamy: Yeah.

I'm a -- I'm a chef-stalker.

I mean, me and my wife, we travel.

We'll travel 40, 50 miles just to go there

and eat and come back, and deal with the traffic,

deal with the parking, deal with whatever we have to.

Sbrocco: Must be worth it. Salamy: It is very worth it.

I love the samosas.

You know, when me and my wife go there,

they come in two big nice pastry puffs of samosas.

And we started ordering one each,

and then we got to a point where she's gonna order her own

and I'm gonna order my own, 'cause we needed two, you know.

It's not greasy.

It's a nice puff pastry with the potato and the peas.

The tandoori chicken is succulent.

It comes on a bed of onions, bell peppers.

And as they're bringing it out, you can just smell it

through the whole restaurant.

So whoever's ordering tandoori,

anything there, you smell the whole thing.

I mean, and their lamb chops -- nice little pieces of lamb chop,

cooked perfectly, very succulent with the onions

and the bell peppers.

Melts in your mouth. Hamilton: They were wonderful.

The chicken was, you know, tender.

The fish was light and flaky. I didn't have the lamb, myself.

Sbrocco: You're talking about the tandoori, right?

Hamilton: The tandoori, yeah.

It was just -- every spice was different.

Every bite was different.

And it was -- it was fabulous.

Sbrocco: And what else did you have, Jill?

Hamilton: We had the pakora, which was --

it was lightly battered.

Sbrocco: So, to start out with.

Hamilton: To start out with, exactly.

We had the cauliflower. It was still crunchy.

There was a little integrity to the vegetables.

Zucchini for the pakora.

We also had the dal, which I loved.

Again, the integrity of the lentils in the dal,

that's hard to do. Sbrocco: Right.

Michelle, did you start out with the pakoras?

Dwyer: We did. We actually had eggplant pakora,

and it was really delicious --

really nicely battered, very flaky, delicious flavor.

The sauces that came with it were really delicious --

the tamarind.

Salamy: Oh, yeah -- the mint chutney.

Hamilton: The cooling and the heating.

Dwyer: Yeah, it made for a really nice combination.

My only complaint was that we were kind of in the middle of it

when the rest of our meal came.

So, we had ordered a bottle of wine.

We were ready to just kind of have a lovely evening,

and felt a little rushed at that point.

So the timing was a little bit off on that,

but the pakora was great and the freshness of the food --

I think that's really the highlight.

Sbrocco: And you're a vegetarian,

so what did you get for your main course?

Dwyer: We got three courses,

as well, so that we could take some home.

So, we got the palak paneer and the spinach with the cheese.

Salamy: Oh, I love that dish. Dwyer: Yeah.

I've had that dish probably 10, 15 different places,

and I just really admire the freshness of their spinach.

It really felt like you're eating fresh spinach.

Hamilton: And you could taste all of the vegetables.

Dwyer: Yeah, yeah. Hamilton: That's the thing

I loved, is each vegetable tasted

like the actual vegetable. Dwyer: Yeah.

Hamilton: And the service was great.

We had vegan, we had gluten-free,

we had all different kinds of people in our group.

And she was great about making sure everybody knew

exactly which dishes they could have.

Salamy: One thing that I love about that restaurant --

the consistency.

I have been going there 10 years.

The corn was the same.

The samosas are the same. The naan --

Sbrocco: And let's talk about naan.

Hamilton: Oh, the naan was great!

I have to agree with you.

Dwyer: I loved the basket of bread.

I'm so glad we did that.

We were kind of debating.

And you get three different other breads,

so it's really nice to try the different breads.

Salamy: I don't know if any of you guys had

the goat cheese naan.

Dwyer: No. Hamilton: No.

Salamy: Oh, amazing.

Dwyer: Okay. Salamy: It's flavorful.

The cheese is nice and warm.

And it's fresh right out the oven.

Dwyer: I want to recommend the bhindi masala,

which was the okra.

Again, really fresh.

Hamilton: Oh, that sounds great.

Dwyer: Very flavorful.

I would say a little bit more subtle

in terms of flavor and spicing.

And we asked for medium,

and I could've taken it a little bit spicier.

Sometimes it feels like

Pakistan or Indian dishes feel a little overcooked.

And that's one of the really nice things about Aslam's,

that I felt like everything kind of came out

just at that nice perfection of cooked,

but still maintaining the freshness.

Sbrocco: That's when you know you have a great chef

like Mohammad.

Hamilton: The timing was perfect.

The dishes were hot. The food was delicious.

Salamy: You can always tell he puts

a lot of love in all his food.

It's like a -- for me, it's just --

it makes me happy just even talking about that.

Hamilton: It's a fun mix of people, too.

It's sort of hipsters and families.

I mean, it's really --

it was a great mix of people in the restaurant.

And they greeted you at the door.

I mean, you could tell they were happy to see you.

Dwyer: Yeah, definitely. Sbrocco: So service is --

Hamilton: Service is fantastic.

Salamy: Well, you have the son,

Asif, who's the waiter slash, you know, front man.

Hamilton: Oh, okay.

Dwyer: He has the best smile. Hamilton: Yeah.

Salamy: It doesn't matter what kind of situation

this guy's in, he'll put a smile.

He'll always try to make you happy.

Sbrocco: The mark of a great restaurant.

Salamy: The mark of a great restaurant.

Sbrocco: That's right.

All right, this is your spot. Wrap it up for us.

Salamy: If you like Indian food, if you like good flavors,

if you like just the best food around,

come to Aslam's Rasoi. It's a great restaurant.

Sbrocco: All right, and Michelle?

Dwyer: I thought the food was fresh.

It was very inviting.

The flavors were great.

For me, it was a little bit pricey

for Indian food for the vegetarian.

And I live in the East Bay, and there's so many great choices.

So I'm not sure that I would make the trip there,

but I thought it would be a great date night

and a great place for groups.

It seemed really nice and accommodating.

Sbrocco: Okay, and Jill?

Hamilton: Great service, really good flavors, delicious spices.

You know, I love the integrity to the vegetables.

I probably would go back.

Sbrocco: If you would like to try Aslam's Rasoi,

its on Valencia at 21st in San Francisco.

The telephone number is 415-695-0599.

It's open for dinner every day.

Reservations are recommended,

and the average tab per person without drinks around $25.

If you missed these neighborhood places the first time around,

we hope you've enjoyed a look back at three local eateries.

Now you have a chance to check them out,

thanks to Karen Halstead, who introduced us to new flavor

combinations along with drinks and ices

at The Little Chihuahua Mexican Restaurant in San Francisco,

Jacob Battersby's hometown spot that creates family recipes

adding their own contemporary twist --

oh, and don't forget the cocktails

at Dragon Rouge Restaurant in Alameda,

and finally, the place that makes

Jack Salamy's mouth explode with incredible fragrant

and spiced flavors, Aslam's Rasoi in San Francisco.

So, join us next time when three new guests

will recommend their favorite spots right here

on "Check Please! Bay Area."

I'm Leslie Sbrocco, and I'll see you then!

Cheers!

So, now it's your turn.

We want to hear from you if you've visited any of our

"Check, Please!" restaurants.

You can post a selfie on Instagram,

join the conversation on Facebook,

and tweet us any time!

And don't forget to visit our website.

All the shows are there, along with my wine videos

and notes about the wines we drink on-set.

You'll also find our fun new web-series "Taste This,"

where we celebrate food and drinks around the Bay!

Cheers!

♫♫

♫♫

♫♫

For more infomation >> Check, Please! Bay Area reviews: The Little Chihuahua, Dragon Rouge Restaurant, Aslam's Rasoi - Duration: 26:45.

-------------------------------------------

Violations shut down Holiday restaurant - Duration: 2:58.

For more infomation >> Violations shut down Holiday restaurant - Duration: 2:58.

-------------------------------------------

Restaurant Opportunities Center of NY - 2018 Partnership of the Year Honoree - Duration: 2:22.

My name is Catherine Barnett and I am the director of the Restaurant

Opportunities Centers of New York. Our mission is to advance better wages

and working conditions for the nation's 11 million plus restaurant workers.

We are so proud to be in partnership with SEPA Mujer. It was a great organization

that has done so much work for the community on Long Island, and we worked very

closely with them during our One Fair Wage campaign. They are key members of the

One Fair Wage coalition and they have done a lot in the Long Island

community and beyond to shine a light on the conditions of working women

in the restaurant industry and be able to work with us and lead the coalition in terms

of advocating for better wages, better working conditions, and one fair wage

for all. So I come to this work because I really believe in the importance of

economic self determination. Working people work and often are not appropriately

compensated or treated well for their efforts. Without economic power

it's really hard to build other types of power. The restaurant industry might seem

like a small slice of the economy, but it actually is one of the fastest

growing industries. It employs one out of every two Americans/people in the

country actually work in the restaurant industry or have worked in the industry.

It's a first job for many so it really sets the baseline a lot of time

for expectations and experiences in the workplace so it's really important to

make sure that we get it right. We would like to dedicate this award to

all the restaurant workers who have come out in support in One Fair Wage and

all the restaurant workers who have been unable to take time out of their busy schedules

to talk about the causes that they believe in. We are so proud all the

that you've done. We see you. We see your hard work, your dedication,

your sacrifices that you make for yourselves and your families. We see how

you continue to fight for a better life for yourselves and for your community,

and we are there to support you in that. We see the hard work and

and we know that you are all leaders. Whether you are an owner, whether you are a

dishwasher, whether you are a server, a busser, whether you are just

a member of the dining public. We see the changes that you are making.

We salute you, and we are with you all the way.

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét